• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence explodes when dragged onto timeline (Premiere CC)

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro CC

When I am dragging a just-created sequence (by nesting clips) back to the timeline or any other timeline, all the clips appear separately, and not as a single object (the nested sequence).

Is that new behaviour in Premiere CC or is there a setting to control that behaviour?

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 11.11.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Toggle the "Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" button in the upper-left of the Timeline panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle the "Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" button in the upper-left of the Timeline panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, who knew??

thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I thought I was going nutz -- could not figure why this was happening.  Thanks, Reg!

...Rowby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best.  In fact, dare I say it, but this feature surpasses the functionality of both FCP and MC.  I don't say that lightly.  FCP has separate commands for insert anything (clip or nest, depending) and insert sequence content (clips).  That means you're mapping two functions that to a user do the same thing: put source footage into a sequence, but the computer believes are different operations.  Media Composer doesn't even do nested sequences, and nine times out of ten, that's perfectly fine.  But that tenth time... well... Premiere's solution is the most elegant.  Hats off Premiere.  Now about that (missing) keyboard map...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find an explanation of what this toggle button does? I don't understand from the context of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best teacher on this one is experience.  Load a sequence into the Source Monitor.  Then add it to another sequence with the toggle both on, and then off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Great function. But there's one little trouble i'm getting here...

Film was shot in double-system. I synced all shots with audio using Select all > make multiclip > based upon timecode > renamed my multiclips (shot-scene-take).

But when i drop any of those multiclip in a timeline, wether the "Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" button is toggled or not, i get the original source name for the video (A001_C01_xxxxxx), not the renamed "shot-scene-take" name.

I noticed that for regular sequences, when toggled, the function will allow to keep sequence's name... Any way to keep this for a multiclip?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was so frustrated why it was importing each layer individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have to say, this has affected me for about a year now. I've been doing workarounds and just accepted the fact that Adobe changed something in the background that affects nesting and Multicam sequences. I am one happy panda now that I've fixed / regained that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Tried reinstalling but didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines