• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T RUN AN AIR TEST-MOVIE WITHOUT THE DEBUGGER!

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I asked about this issue before, yet no one was been able to answer it.

Basically what happens is when I test a movie in flash (it has a class file attached to it) on AIR for Desktop, it will try to run it, afterward it will just tell me there's a problem with the debugger. I have tried installing the debugger before, it didn't work so I tried uninstalling it, and this is the result.

Can't test a movie that runs on any AIR software at all (only when testing a movie inside Animate)

I don't know what causes this problem or how to fix this, perhaps it happens because the debug version of flash player is not installed and it gets Animate CC confused.

Please help me fix this,

Thank you in advance!

269d8aa97da34bc981324f9a2c996a76.pngScreenshot_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you test movie in animate?  any errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is the output.

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't see all the error message.  and what's causing that error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the whole message, ignore the half line at the bottom. That's what I'm trying to understand, what is causing the test-movie to not work and use the debugger when It's not even working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you don't have any socket code, look for an ane or swc that does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is it happens only when I add a class file it seems. not any other code, just the class file

EDIT: Actually sorry, let me correct myself here. it happens when there is ANY code in the file, so F9 or a class file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new air project.

test.

if no problem, add a line of code.

test.

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I was saying in my last message.

No code = No wait time - everything is perfectly fine

Code = Wait time and an error if I am trying to interrupt the "loading" or after the file has loaded after like 10-20 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences - 

remove

Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\ :

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/ and  /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, same stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suspend anything that checks for file creation.  eg, av, antimalware and anti-adware.

retry publishing

if that fails:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall Animate already, with preferences. Doesn't seem to work.

Maybe it's something with the player? It happened right after I reinstalled the regular Flash Player // uninstalled the Debug Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see how it could be related to a browser plugin (assuming that's what your mean by, flash player).

but

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

test.

reinstall your player, Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope pretty sure it isn't it.

Perhaps it has to do something with the output I sent before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you see that problem with every air file that contains code and resetting preferences didn't help,

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. (if you have a win os, right click the exe > click 'run as administrator'.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not every AIR file, it's only AIR files that run inside Animate CC and have actionscript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the keyboard shortcut "command + enter" for mac or "control + enter" for PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines