• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop quits on print order to Xerox printer

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using mac with OS 10.11.6 El Capitan and Adobe CS5. I have a Xerox Phaser 6180.

I recently had to download a new driver so my other computer on Windows 7 could print to the Xerox. It downloaded into my desktop folder for camera files. My problem now is that the Xerox will print from my mac through Open Office word processing and through the mac preview app. But if I try to print through photoshop, Photoshop quits. When I start a print order, the settings from a previous print order show up. However, a message to make changes in "printer settings" is there and when I click on "printer settings" Photoshop immediately quits.

I have tried putting the Xerox printer driver folder into trash but it didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Try reseting print system on mac and than reinstalling. I also found that running alsoft disk warrior some times helps with this issue.

www.alsoft.com/

to reset printing system go to system preferences/printer and scanners than left click or control click in printer window and it will give a option to reset printers system. It throws away all printers . Than reboot and load driver again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reseting print system on mac and than reinstalling. I also found that running alsoft disk warrior some times helps with this issue.

www.alsoft.com/

to reset printing system go to system preferences/printer and scanners than left click or control click in printer window and it will give a option to reset printers system. It throws away all printers . Than reboot and load driver again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the previous driver for the printer. Restarted the computer and Photoshop still quit as soon as I clicked on the print settings button. I deleted the driver once again, went to Xerox site and reinstalled a driver specifically for Mac OS 10.11. The same results. As soon as I click on the print settings button it crashed. I have restarted the mac several times. no help.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac OS uses a post script driver.

Make sure you are downloading the correct version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines