• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert ASE to ACB

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of questions about this but not a lot of answers.

I've created an ASE file in Illustrator CC2014. These are unique colors for a major client of ours. I need them as an ACB so that in Photoshop 2015, I can create Spot Channels and select the library from the 'Color Libraries' button in the Color Picker.

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add the color swatches to a Creative Cloud Library you will have access to them in Photoshop. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa I thought about that. Unfortunately our versions of AI CC2014 and PS CC2015 are not cloud versions but installed with corporate licenses so we don't have a Corporate Creative Cloud account that we can sync via.

That being said, I'm also unsure that putting them in the CC Library would present them as anything other than swatches. I need a readable ACB library accessible via the 'Color Libraries' button in the Color Picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For the most part, you should not be creating color book files.   Those are for folks like Pantone, Toyo, DIC, etc. who publish real swatch books.

Most users should only be creating .ACO or .ASE files for their color swatches."

Chris Cox  Senior Photoshop Programmer

Creating .ACB (Color Book) file from .ACO (swatches) file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so tired of seeing this quote rolled out everytime someone asks this question.

There is a valid reason for creating ACB color books and it is entirely client driven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pantone or Adobe (I don't know who is responsible) unfortunately don't update their swatches enough to keep up with the new colours that Pantone has been adding over the years. About 30-50% of the latest swatch books for Pantone don't exist in the acb files currently in the adobe suite....very annoying.

Sometime you need to do these things yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pantone supplies software to export their latest color books to Photoshop It's the Pantone Color Manager which is free to anyone who registers their products with them. You can trial it while sorting it out with them.

Software - Software Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines