Exit

Selecting and masking tool. HELP!

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear community,

I have a rather strange problem.

It is about selecting and masking tool in photoshop. I have created a selection of a picture, saved, copied and inserted into another picture. Then I wanted to edit it with the select and mask. But every time I confirm the editing, the change is discarded. I'm really desperate, because I still have these pictures to print.Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-28 um 13.30.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-28 um 13.29.57.png

Best regards Sabrina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina

It is not clear from your screenshots what you edited in select and mask. Your layers panel shows layers without masks so if opening in Select and Mask - you will need to use the selection tools first to make your selection/mask.  The thumbnail at the top right suggests you have not made a selection (although it is hard to see from the screenshot). Just using the refinements sliders will not do anything as they need a selection/mask to refine.

Finally when you output, before you click "OK"  - you need to choose the output from the menu below.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sabrina. As Dave suggested, it's advised to make a selection before clicking ion select & Mask. Although you can do it from within also.  It might be the view mode you're select and mask is set to at the top, try changing this.

But if you're more familiar with Refine edge, it is still available in the latest versions.

1) Just first make a selection.

2) then open the Select menu, "Not the button."

3) hold shift and click in the menu "Select and mask.

The old Refine edge will open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines