• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements Burning

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russell here,  am using a trial version of this software to evaluate. Seems to go fine until the end. It appears to go thru the process of burning the disc, says it has burnt the disc but there is nothing on the disc !! Tried both my disc drives now and get the same result. Am using win 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and unchecking the option to use Hardware Acceleration. Then try again burning your disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and thanks for your response. Tried what you suggested but no joy. Everything seems ok even to the end when it says burn completed successfully. The only observation I make is that when preparing to burn it never asked what drive I was using, I guess it just went with the one with a blank disc in it ? So I get a seemingly burn disc without info on it. Have tried both drives now same result. Next ?

Regards Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create an ISO file on your hard drive rather than burning directly to a disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, is the ISO file that which is produced before it burns ? Is it this file that gets saved if I agree to save the file ? If the ISO is saved then what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then we'll know if the problem is with transcoding or with the disc burning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, by your response do I assume my theory of the programme producing an ISO at the end of “creating” as correct ? If it does this and an ISO is there what comes next ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're troubleshooting, hotrodder. Let's take this one step at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, started off with all avi files and finished up with mp4 as the final production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're telling me.

Can you create an ISO file on your hard drive rather than burning directly to a disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the interface that comes up at the point of saving/ burning at the top you have Quick exp Devices Disc Online Audio Image. Normally I click disc so as to burn the disc. Since speaking to you I chose Devices and saved to a file on the hard drive which produced the mpeg file. By what other means can I produce an ISO file? When preparing the material on the program I bring it all onto the page, then bring it down onto the storyline etc, sometimes I would select an item from create otherwise I go straight to produce, it does give me 3 options I select instant movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Steve, I have produced an ISO file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Export & Share/Disc/DVD and you select the option to create an ISO file rather than burn directly to a disc, does the process complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! That means that the program is doing its job, and the problem is with the program interfacing with your disc drive.

If you'd like, you can continue to produce ISO files from your DVD projects and then use a third party program to produce your discs. It takes no more time and burning directly to a disc and there are a number of advantages to doing it this way. (I go through several in my books.) I have a free tutorial on how to use ImgBurn to produce a DVD from an ISO.

*** Using ImgBurn ***

If you'd prefer to burn directly to a disc, you can continue to pursue that if you'd like. I can't promise success, but many have found the interface between the program and the drive by going to their computer manufacturer's web site (Dell, HP, Acer) , looking up their computer's model number and downloading the hardware drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, another problem that I have run into. Been trying to put all the files into the program so I can now go ahead and hopefully burn a disc however the files don’t go in in order. I have painstakingly gone thru and re numbered all the individual clips and put them in numerical sequence however after they have all been putt onto the interface I notice the files (clips) are still out of order and hence I cant proceed. What is the problem? Should they be numbered etc in a specific way? Thanks Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That kind be tricky. I'm not sure what to recommend.

However, if you'd like to drop by my free Community Forum at Muvipix.com, the friendly and experienced members of our Muvipix community may welll have some excellent suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines