• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC - Object states with slideshow problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we try to make a slideshow from a simple object state, it doesnt work for publish online. Here are screenshots from a very simple example..

1. we are making object states from rectangles.

Ekran Resmi 2017-01-28 16.03.53.png

2. We are setting Overlays/slideshows for autoplay..

3. We are publishing with "publish online"

Ekran Resmi 2017-01-28 16.06.35.png

4. But it doesnt work

https://indd.adobe.com/view/a40c5ef9-1db0-42af-820b-d2f7af3ef2e6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

You can still have slideshows using MSOs but they have to be controlled with buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlays panel is for DPS/AEM Mobile only. It has no effect whatsoever on Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

In fact I read this topic in a adobe help page. so I'm trying to find a way. But if this slideshow means the animation without using object states (Barbs solution) it is not a good news for us .

Ekran Resmi 2017-01-28 23.47.16.png

We have nearly 350 interactive ebook. Each book have 8 unit and these units have 40 pages approximately. We have produced these ebooks for tablets but if there is a way to publish online, it would be very good

Here you can see a small example of our ebooks. There are some interactions made with folio overlay. I have solved the scrollable frame problem, and I think the buttons will not be a problem for us, also video and sound. If I can solve the slideshow problem we can publish these ebooks for our students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still have slideshows using MSOs but they have to be controlled with buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.

My decision is the same with you. If we want slideshow we have to make them with animation and timing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you'll have to break them up and assign the timing that way.

I agree that this would be a desirable feature. You can add your voice here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob you are great. I made a request from this page. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been hoping for something for years. This feature has not changed since CS5 so the more voices the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Animations are totally scriptable! … So Javascript could help you in your process!

Create a "Slideshows" folder, with, into it, subfolders containing the images of each slideshow.

Number each subfolder ==> SS_00001, SS_00002, SS_00003 …

Number each subfolder images ==> SS_00001_1.jpg, SS_00001_2.psd, SS_00001_3.png …

In your layout, only a simple "call" text boxes per each slideshow: SS_00001, SS_00002, SS_00003 …

When all the layout would be done (but not the slideshows), just 1 click so that the script could build all your animations!

If different kinds of animation, after creation, you could "modify" afterwards the settings of specific slideshows just in 1 click with little specific "alternative settings" scripts.

(^/)

PS/ Note I don't say: "Yes we can!" … but: "Yes we could!" … So, it's just a thought, nothing else, but doable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Obi-wan. Thank you for your suggestion. It is good to see alternative solutions. But we hope this feature can be enable by Adobe. Or we have to execute this solution nearly 20.000 slideshow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From fellow ACP Sandee Cohen's excellent book on Creating InDesign Animations in Adobe InDesign CC:

1. Select the images that you want to include in the slideshow.
  2. Window > Object and Layout > Align: align their vertical and horizontal centers:
    InDesign CCss_002.png
  3. Now they are perfectly aligned—leave them selected.
    InDesign CCss_003.png
  4. Open Window > Interactive > Animation. Choose Appear from the Preset list, Event is On Page Load for the slideshow to show when you open the page. Fine tune the duration (time each photos shows), play and perhaps loop.
    InDesign CCss_004.png

You can preview it in the EIP panel (button in the lower left corner of the Animation panel) before going on to Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, Barb.

Didn’t have time to do that this morning but didn’t want the OP banging their head against a wall, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes a village, my friend! I love the collaborate approach of this group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The InDesign forum team is one of the most collaborative and supportive that I know on the Adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what's happened to Peter Spier – he doesn't seem to have posted for ages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter has retired at least for a while. Some of us hope he chooses to come back. He's been working on this forum for a very long time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Steve. He's a major loss to the forum, let's hope he returns some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BarbBinder.

The situation is that, we have over 25.000 different slide shows in our interactive ebooks based on object states. So we have to find a quick way to publish these contents online with less effort. All these book made nearly 2 years ago for tablets. But we want to publish them online.

If I can find a way I will explain here, thank you for your interests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines