• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview and Timeline will not stay focused on my Comp

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating from CS6 to CC I can't get my Preview window or Timeline to stay focused on the Comps I am working on.

If I clicked on a layer in the CS6 Timeline it would select the layer and I could edit it, and if I double clicked on a layer the Preview window and Timeline would switch focus from the Comp that I was working on to just the selected layer, but with CC my Preview/Timeline windows seem to refocus with single clicks and double clicks -- basically I can't select a layer in the Timeline to edit it without the Preview and Timeline windows refocusing onto just that layer, which basically makes the program unusable.  Is there any setting that I can change that will tell AE to stop focusing on a layer when I only want to select it?

Are there any hotkeys that could aid me here, or settings I could change?  If it's possible I would like to make it to where neither single nor double clicks cause AE Preview/Timeline to shift focus -- if I need to switch focus in my Preview window I can easily do that by switching tabs in the timeline, but when I'm working within a timeline I need to be able to focus on all of the layers that are there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with CC my Preview/Timeline windows seem to refocus with single clicks and double clicks

nothing has changed in that regard in recent versions: clicking on a layer will select the layer, double clicking will open the layer window. you can change if double click will open the layer window or footage window (or use Alt key to reverse), but you can't disable it. 

I would check if this is a hardware problem (keyboard or mouse malfunction) and if it's not, I would try to reset my preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences

if this still does not solve your problem, come back with more information: Exact Os and Ae versions, show us the steps you take one by one (this could be a user error of some sort, we can't know what exactly are you doing) or maybe provide a screen capture of the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi HunterS,

Are you still experiencing issues with the UI? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines