Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timestamp is wrong by import, only MOV

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

today I taked many pictures and Movieclips. With the Canon D70 and an iPhone 6.

By importing in LR 6.8 on a iMac with Sierra 10.12.2 the timestamps from the files of the D70, *jpg and *.mov; are correct. The timestamps of the JPGs from the iPhone are correct too. But the timestamps of the clips (*.mov) from the iPhone are one hour earlier.

I didn´t find any import funktion that manpulate the timestamp.

The timestamp at the Finder is correct.

Thanks for helping

Dietmar B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

But the timestamps of the clips (*.mov) from the iPhone are one hour earlier.

This is caused by industry-wide confusion over the Quicktime specification by Apple: Lightroom: iPhone video Capture Time is shifted upon Import | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  There are low-cost things that Lightroom could do to better handle this confusion.  So please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to that bug report.

You can manually adjust the capture times by using the Metadata > Edit Capture Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has some known problems with timestamps from movie files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the timestamps of the clips (*.mov) from the iPhone are one hour earlier.

This is caused by industry-wide confusion over the Quicktime specification by Apple: Lightroom: iPhone video Capture Time is shifted upon Import | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  There are low-cost things that Lightroom could do to better handle this confusion.  So please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to that bug report.

You can manually adjust the capture times by using the Metadata > Edit Capture Time command.  In particular, you can shift all of the problem videos by one hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this (adjusting the capture time) and found to my utter disbelief that while the timestamp was now correct Lightroom had helpfully deleted all other metadata relating to camera model etc... brilliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...Lightroom had helpfully deleted all other metadata relating to camera model etc...

I don't believe this has been reported before.  I tried a couple of my .mp4's and wasn't able to reproduce.  It would be good if you could post a bug report on the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . If possible, upload a sample video to Dropbox or similar and include the sharing link along with the steps needed to reproduce the problem. (Adobe is unlikely to pay much attention unless there's a recipe for reproducing the bug.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines