• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just got premiere 15 and I need some help.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying out videomerge and it works great, however there is one problem I've encountered so far. Anytime I add the file I want and I make it smaller there are two black bars above and below the added file that impose over top of the main video, can I fix this?IMG_20170128_1401577.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what could be cause this.

Is that a single video or is there one video or graphic overlaid onto another? Two or more separate tracks of video?

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline at this point so we can see what it looks like?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

It appears this video may be from a source other than a camcorder -- possibly ripped from a DVD or copied from YouTube. If so, that opens a whole other realm of possibly as either the video may have copy protection built into it or the software you used to ripped the file may be creating something other than a standard video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's two separate tracks of video/audio, there's the photo if that helps/is what you're looking for, both videos were ripped off of YouTube using this site.

The links to both videos can be found here and here.

Note: I did edit the explosion a bit so that there was solely the green screen part.

And thanks by the way! Again I just got it and I'm a complete novice so it is felt really great to see that someone had responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't feel qualified to answer with regard to videos ripped from YouTube, Bluebomb. I'm not sure what that site is doing to your video or if the videos are using constant or variable frame rates or even if that site is adding malware to your computer.

Maybe someone else with experience using that site's software has some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks for taking the time to answer though! I'll experiment with some other sites that I've heard to be reliable. I'm sure I can find something that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I see is the problem in the videos in the links you have shared. There are vertical black bars in the first video and there is none in the second. When you add a clip in PRE, PRE creates a project whose settings matches closely with the first clip. Any clip you add later and if dimensions are not proportional to Settings then PRE adjusts them to match. One issue could be that those black bars are part of the video clip you imported to PRE, the other could be that dimensions are not matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines