• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRCC not supporting graphics card - PSCC OK

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics acceleration in LRCC was 'disabled due to errors', yet PSCC takes advantage of the graphics chip with ease.

I'm running an i7 laptop which updates its NVidia 850M (2GB) drivers immediately upon the release of a new one (through GEFORCE Experience software). When I look at system information from within Lightroom, it cites an error with OpenGL, yet Photoshop doesn't, and uses the 850M with no problems.

LRCC is up to date, PSCC is up to date, and the drivers on my 850M are up to date. Why is this still a problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

JBedfordPhoto wrote:

I'm running an i7 laptop which updates its NVidia 850M (2GB) drivers immediately upon the release of a new one (through GEFORCE Experience software).

Did your graphics card work previously with LR using an older driver? If so this may be the source of your problem. Read this note: NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

As part of the NVIDIA Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVidia 850M is not listed as a supported GPU.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Also, could you please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom installation, go to Help->System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I see that it's not an officially supported GPU, but there was a time not long ago (can't say exactly when, but within the past year) that my GPU actually worked fine with LRCC, no errors detected.

Here are the specs:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16267.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16267.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 418.1 MB (2.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 370.1 MB

Memory cache size: 150.2 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 120 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 378.49

Renderer: GeForce GTX 850M/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating the video card driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JBedfordPhoto wrote:

I'm running an i7 laptop which updates its NVidia 850M (2GB) drivers immediately upon the release of a new one (through GEFORCE Experience software).

Did your graphics card work previously with LR using an older driver? If so this may be the source of your problem. Read this note: NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

As part of the NVIDIA Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

You may also want to consider uninstalling the GeForce Experience software, which is primarily for use by Gamers who are seeking the latest and fastest driver and driver settings. It makes changes to the Nvidia control panel settings that may be incompatible with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines