• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the head just floats around. I can't seem to make it stay on the neck

Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont let me upload the Photoshop file. Or the Character file.

What can I do to make the head stay put?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this is because the head is independent. See the first part here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As it happens I had already seen the video you mentioned. I have gotten whole thing to move as one unit but now it wont stay in one place. The whole thing flies around as if there is no gravity (I have tried nailing the base in place to no avail). Also, the square that has 'face' written in it has, in fact two 'face's written in it and the square is too big. (I wish I could send it to you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do File > Export > Puppet, upload that to Google Drive / Dropbox / Creative Cloud and share the link here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do File> Export> but puppet is not available. How do I make it availeable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the puppet is selected in the left Project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything! I cannot get the 'puppet' selection to come to life! I even tried to forward it to you by having the original file to go.

Character Animator Project.chproj - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending a .chproj without reference files doesn't work. Watch this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something I am missing. I only have this puppet, which I made myself, in the project panel. When I select it it does not activate the the 'puppet...' selection on the export panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you do this, Puppet isn't lit up? Are you definitely on Beta 5?

test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, I hadn't kept the window active (all lit up) when I did it worked. Going to go to the Google drive and put it up. Thanks for all your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link:

me.puppet - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://adobe.ly/2juEG4p

• The biggest issue: independence overload. Everything had +s in front of them, and very few actually needed them (this is one of the points in the common rigging issues video above).
  • The Body was called Chest - I renamed it.
  • The eyes weren't named and set up correctly - I fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have made great progress through your input. I still have a few problems with the framing being accurate - such as when I click on the face I have two points which say 'face' and 'face' includes all kinds of blank space to my right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue there is that your "face" layer (last layer in Head) has a small line/speck off screen in the lower right corner. If you drag it over in Photoshop you'll see it. Erasing that should fix it.

Anytime you see the bounding box larger than it should be, it's usually because there's stray artwork somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have narrowed the outsized boundary to the 'face' but erase it all I can, I still can't make it go to a normal size on my right side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://adobe.ly/2jyHb5t

It was off of the Photoshop canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It worked but when I looked at it in Animate I got this:Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 3.38.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 3.47.07 PM (2).png

I don't even know where to start with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a known repositioning sync bug. If you reimported the .psd it should work fine (you'll have to re-rig things though). Or you can drag things over in the CH puppet panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, its me again.

I know your feedback has proven to be invaluable to me. I am so close - and yet so far. I cannot correct the problems shown in my last email to you. I did go back into .psd and I double checked everything to make sure that everything was labeled and agreed with your version of the better way to be. I reimported it with no effect on that stupid figure I had sent you last time. I cannot make sense of your second suggestion "Or you can drag things over to the CH puppet panel." Since the first suggestion didn't work, I am willing to do the second but I am not clear on exactly what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Puppet Panel, you can select artwork layers and then drag over the canvas with the select tool to reposition them.

If you're still getting this issue then I think it might be trying to revert to an old version. I would go to File > New Project to make an entirely new project, then open this freshly imported puppet: https://adobe.ly/2jvR7fa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this seems like the project that wouldn't die but I did as you suggested. I renamed the .psd file. Then I opened it in Character Animator under the new name. Everything is fine but the right eyebrow has a twitch in it. It bounces up and down the entire time the camera is on. If I turn off the camera, it stops bouncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing a twitch on my end. The right eyebrow moves a little more than the left, but I think that's because it's at a different default position than the left. If they were both at the exact same height, essentially mirror images of each other, I think you would get more in sync results. Other option is to lower Face > Eyebrow Strength.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ongoing saga of the project that wouldn't come together, I did as you suggested and, for some reason known only to the Laughing Gods, the right eyebrow stopped moving all together. The left one still works but the right has died. It will not move no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines