Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tint/Hue variation between 2 same photos - Olympus E-M1 MarkII

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you ever noticed hue variations between several photos with the same settings (green to purple) in lightroom (no problem in Olympus viewer). I have this problem and I am trying to solve this for my panoramic photos ...

One exemple with RAW at 400iso, all manual (focus, aperture, speed, white balance) with Olympus OM-D E-M1 MarkII.

P1272919.jpg P1272920.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Indeed, following the reading of the previous discussion, I saw this with ExifTool.

I understood the necessary command with ExifTool to change the values to 255 255 255 255 for all photos :

exiftool -Olympus:BlackLevel2="255 255 255 255" *

Everthing is Ok now in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference in hue is very small when I white balance your posted image files in LR. The shots were taken 11 sec. apart so any change in outside or indoor lighting could have caused the shift. Also support for your camera in LR 6.8 is marked as 'Preliminary' and the camera profile as 'Beta.' I would assume this is because the high-resolution ORF file format is not yet supported, but Adobe may still make other changes.

P1272919.jpg

P1272920.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, the difference is quite small, but it is problem for my use (photo montage for panoramic).

Here is a purely technical test with a gigapixel shot: https://www.virtualmedia.fr/ftp/_test_/gigapixel-wervicq/tour.html

You can see the color variations on the floor, and I can not manually make a white balance on the 600 photos composing the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Exposure and White Balance were set to full manual my guess is that there's something wrong with the camera. The other possibility is that there's some other camera setting over-riding the manual settings. For the latter you'll need to refer to the camera manual. What do the two posted image files look like if you use the Olympus supplied raw converter? Do they have the same White Balance or different as viewed in LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everthing is Ok with Olympus Viewer, the 2 images have correct hues. That's why I'm pretty sure the problem comes from the Lightroom "derawtizer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will read this!

In short, what is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Somrak wrote:

Is the problem related to this. Re: Color flickering in sequence of identicially processed raws

Bingo, good catch Bob! Yes this definitely sounds like the same problem (Raw file Black Level Value).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Black Level 2' R and B values are different in these two identical image files shot at nearly the same time. This is what's causing the P1272919.ORF file WB to shift toward green (G).

P1272919.ORF

P1272920.ORF

lease add your 'Me-To' vote and 'Follow' along with any comments you'd like to add at this report: Camera Raw/Lightroom: ORF white balance inconsistent | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, following the reading of the previous discussion, I saw this with ExifTool.

I understood the necessary command with ExifTool to change the values to 255 255 255 255 for all photos :

exiftool -Olympus:BlackLevel2="255 255 255 255" *

Everthing is Ok now in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear this workaround resolves the issue for you. I suggest adding your vote and follow at the problem report link I provided in reply #9. I've also reported it to Adobe Staff and hopefully it will be corrected in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines