Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR mobile on iOS but not on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have searched online but cannot find the answer to this question anywhere.

I currently have a lightroom mobile catalogue on my iPhone but its not available on my mac.

How can I access this catalogue on my Mac?

When I try to sync it says I must delete the current catalogue but that contains all my photos.

That catalogue doesn't exist on my Mac.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Would the Catalog clash possibly be happening when signing in and/or syncing (within both LR Desktop and LR Mobile) is done after photos are taken on the mobile device? Thus the Catalogs can't be merged?

If this is the case then when LR Mobile is first opened Adobe should have a warning that if you have CC and intending to Sync with the Desktop, do it now, before taking photos.

Obviously don't sync and delete your photos.

You may get someone on this user-to-user forum to help you but it may be best to try direct help from Adobe, try these forums:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the reply but still no luck.

Is there a way of accessing an existing LR mobile catalgoue from a desktop?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can access the LR mobile catalog from a desktop browser application. Go to Adobe.com. Sign in to your CC account (if you aren't already). Find the LR icon in the area on the left where all the service icons are listed. Click the LR icon and it will take you to your mobile synced catalog.

Most likely your iOS mobile catalog is synced to a different catalog than the one you are using on your desktop. You can have multiple catalogs on your desktop, but only one can be synced to mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can see the catalogue on LR mobile and on the website but that catalogue or library does not exist anywhere on my mac.

Is there anyway I can access this on Lightroom installed on the mac? or am I going to have to delete and start again

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you 100% sure that you don't have another catalogue on your Mac? Go to the general tab in your preferences. Click on the dropdown on the right side of what I have highlighted in this screen capture. It will show you a list of all the catalogs that LR knows about.

Or, is it possible that you have a catalog on a different computer?

2017-01-29_11-37-47.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks again for the reply.

Unfortunately the catalogue isn't on my computer and I only use one computer.

I think i'll have to delete and start again unfortunately.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I try to sync it says I must delete the current catalogue but that contains all my photos.

Where are you trying to sync from, the iOS or the desktop catalog? I'm thinking if you try to sync from your desktop it's going to tell you another catalog is already synced. You don't have that other catalog so it won't matter what happens. I'm not exactly sure what the message is that you get, but you should be able to break the sync connection to the missing catalog and reconnect it to the current one you use. I don't think you will lose any of the information from LR Mobile. Try it and let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines