• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a quality image from Android Adobe illustrator draw?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Abode Illustrator Draw (Android app) recently. When I try to export my drawing to a PNG file, the exported image seems to be only 75 KB in size,. The exported image is not as quality as the original sketch I drew in the app. Do I need to purchase to export a quality image? If so where should I purchase? I couldn't find something like Adobe Illustrator Draw Premium app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Amrish,

The drawing should export to a 1024 x 768px png. Is that what you're getting?

The team is working on incorporating high-res export directly from the app but right now, the only way to get a high-resolution image from Draw for Android is to send the file to the Creative Cloud desktop apps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrish,

The drawing should export to a 1024 x 768px png. Is that what you're getting?

The team is working on incorporating high-res export directly from the app but right now, the only way to get a high-resolution image from Draw for Android is to send the file to the Creative Cloud desktop apps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it exports on a non-standard resolution of 2368 x 1776 pixels. The issue is that the sketch panel of the app is a rectangle (landscape) and this landscape image is scaled to fit a portrait image of the resolution mention above during the export. This way the sketch is scaled to be smaller so that it fits the export resolution. This is seems to be a bug and needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrish.

What device are you on?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motorola G4 plus running Android Nougat 7.0.

Adobe illustrator draw version 3.0.44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amrish.

I think this might be, in part, due to the fact that on phones only portrait mode is available (so documents are always in portrait orientation even if the device itself is positioned in landscape mode) but I'm going to run it by our engineers.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrish.

Sorry for taking so long to post again. I heard back from one of our engineers about this and he said this: 

In Draw we export only the screen buffer (i.e  the complete visible area of the screen) so the resolution of the exported image depends on the device screen resolution; the exported image resolution will be same as the device screen resolution. In addition, the size of the image depends on the image content [this is where landscape mode on a phone comes into play].

At any rate, I just wanted to let you know that the team is going to look into  further improving the quality of exported images.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying with your engineers. It is helpful that now I know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines