Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting image with starry night sky effect

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've made this effect for an image i'm working on that generates stars in the background. It works fine but whenever I try to export or flatten the image the star effect completely goes away

Here's what it looks like in Photoshop

Star Image Effect in photoshop (with levels on).png

And here's what it looks like when I try to export it

star effect image exported.png

I think it has something to do with my levels layer since whenever I make it invisible it comes up with a similar looking image. Just a lot lighter than the one exported.

star effect image in photoshop (with levels off).png

I basically followed a tutorial step by step from this website to get the effect - Create A Starry Night Sky In Photoshop

If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

You need to view each step at 100% zoom. Other zoom levels are showing a preview not the actual layers and you will often see a difference when flattening - particularly with small points of light like starts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to view each step at 100% zoom. Other zoom levels are showing a preview not the actual layers and you will often see a difference when flattening - particularly with small points of light like starts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking on the Levels adjustment layer in the Layers panel, to select it.

Next, click on the New Layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to add a new blank layer above the existing layers.

Select the New Layer, and merge the visible layers, with Alt+Shift+Ctrl(Cmd) + E, or hold down the ALT key and click on Layer > Merge Visible

Finally, try exporting again.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines