• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and mask tool error

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CC 2017 Version 2017.0.1, I have around 16G of free disk space.

The problem occurs when using the select and mask tool, the second I touch the image this message appears. Would appreciate any help.

Adobe CC select and mask tool error.JPG

Just tried it again and got a different error message

Adobe CC select and mask tool error 2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnb,

Looks like either the disks are already full, or the operation you are attempting will use more scratch space than you have available.

You can try changing the scratch disks from Photoshop Edit > Preferences > Scratch disks

If changing is not an option then you can try emptying your hard drive by deleting some unuseful files.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, sorry bit late replying, after making the post I searched around a bit and found one that suggested removing the following file (Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Prefs.psp), I did this and it started to work OK but now still intermittently occurs, I haven't tried your scratch disc option yet, will give that a try, if it works with that I will post a reply.

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Sahil indicated, the issue could be associated to the lack of free HD space. Check the free space in the hard disk when the problem occurs. 16Gb free space is not enough when you are working with large files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines