• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR lagging and glitchig Please help!!!

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LR is driving me crazy. When I use tools/sliders the image dosend reflect the chances right away, it takes about 1.5 - 2 seconds. And exporting is extreamly slow. I watch task manager and it avg about 35% CPU usage while working and will spike to 85-100 for a quick sec. here and there. The spot removal tool will park Lightroom for a 10 Count!! also I get a red glitch every once and a while like a flicker of the screen. Can Any one ahead some light in these issues ?

Thanks

MY RIG

Dell XPS 15.6" 4K Touchscreen Laptop

windows 10

prosessor 2.60 i7 6700HQ

16 GB ram

1TB (@50% full)

LR info

LR CC 2015.7 [1098788

built in memory 16239.6

real mem. 16239.6

real mem. Used 5028.2

mem cache size 3366.8

graphix processor GeForce GTX 960M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing lots of brushing and/or spot removal on a photo, this slowdown is a known drawback in Lightroom.

Some things you can try

1. Turn off the graphics acceleration (Preferences->Performance tab->UNcheck "Use Graphics Processor")
  2. do the brushing and/or spot removal as the next to last editing step, and as the last step, turn on Lens Corrections and Transforms if desired
  3. do the brushing and/or spot removal in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
  4. get a faster CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did shut off the graphics acceleration already it didn't make a diffrance. The laptop is 6 months old and the i7 6700 HQ is a good processor as far as I know. this is the rig I bought

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dell-dell-xps-15-6-4k-touchscreen-laptop-silver-intel-core-i7-67...

Dell XPS 15.6" 4K Touchscreen Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i7-6700HQ/1TB HDD/16GB RAM/Windows 10) - Eng

The link dont work anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How large in pixels are your original images? Are they RAW or JPG?

How large in pixels is the monitor on your computer?

Obviously, the processor you have (i7-6700HQ) isn't powerful enough for the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines