• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign missing workspaces on startup (mac)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just done an update on all my apps to the 2017, now when i start up indesign my workspaces has disappeared even tho they are turned on in preferences! Help me turn them back on please! i know its really silly but its a nice visual to remind me what files I've just been working on!

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

after sending you this i managed to sort it!!!! YAY!!!! I turned on the application window in window!!!!  see something silly but so annoying! Thank you for answering me and trying to help totally appreciate it!   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i start up indesign my workspaces has disappeared even tho they are turned on in preferences

Are you referring specifically to the Start and Recent Files workspaces? (The rest are controlled via Window > Workspace.)

After enabling both, did you try restarting InDesign?

InDesign CCss_011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah thats turned on and I've done multiple indesign restarts its just totally ignoring that they are turned on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start with the Start workspace (then we can move on to the Recent files workspace). What do you see when you open InDesign CC 2017 before you open a file? Can you share a screen shot? Use the button outlined in orange, below.

JIVE Add screen shot to reply.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i see. It's probably fixed with something really simple that i missing over looking! which is whats making so annoying!!!

Screenshot 2017-01-29 20.31.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pictures tell all! Yes, it was Window > Application Frame and it's in all the CC apps on Macs.

Do you want to work on the Recent Files workspace, or are you good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after sending you this i managed to sort it!!!! YAY!!!! I turned on the application window in window!!!!  see something silly but so annoying! Thank you for answering me and trying to help totally appreciate it!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines