• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom action crashing Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom action for cutting my workload done when optimising images. Everything works fine for a while but then it starts crashing photoshop as soon as I click the play button and every time after that it crashes when I go to use it. It's quite a large action in terms of how many things its doing, but its pretty straight forward stuff, nothing too heavy so I can't see what it's causing it to crash.

Does anybody have any ideas on why its doing that or ways to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

There are a number of reasons that could cause this issue.

Here's a tip that I am using sometimes:

I am inserting a "Purge all" command at the beginning of the action; I am also inserting it before a step that utilizes heavily the system resources (e.g. when it merges various 3D layers). I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  Have updated Mac w their latest update too.  This is happening w individual actions and bulk actions.  Have no idea how to fix.  Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of reasons that could cause this issue.

Here's a tip that I am using sometimes:

I am inserting a "Purge all" command at the beginning of the action; I am also inserting it before a step that utilizes heavily the system resources (e.g. when it merges various 3D layers). I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jrmy and Charles, please remember to share some informations to get help. What version of Ps? Which OS? Some computer specs, etc.

Nice to see you here, Panos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump, any more hints from the affected users ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci Pierre-Etienne!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines