• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of Rotobrush and ram problem...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i'm trying to find a solution for this problem, and i hope here someone can help me! I'm using after effects from some days, i have the need to use the rotobrush function becacuse i want to change the background to a object in a video ( A panda, and almost he does not move). Now, i would like to use this function for do this and other similar operations in the future, always with pandas, the video with the panda is taken from youtube, so in mp4 container but with this codec

2XkXWr1G1yk0XAED-Area.png

This media info is for a portion of the video, cut and exported  with a mobile video editor. The original downloaded video from you tube have this media info and same problem....

peE0a49a1ftfBPZk-Area.png

The original video is in 1080p, i have 8 gb of ram, and when i check frame by frame for any errors with pag down and up, as I go forward, and this bar go up

8y70biWrbnw5D134-Area.png

My ram is filled and this slow down the whole program, causing various problems. often the bar is reset, etc. The only way is to reduce the resolution of the image

in this menuTRSc2wNhK08q2ANk-Area.png

but if i do this, to the half resolution of 1280x720 (i tried the same video in 720p) or one third, for 1080p video, the image is very low resolution and it's hard to use properly rotobrush function and i don't know if this affect the auto detection of the borders from the software for the base frame. So this is a problem of the codec used or is the preview in ram that neeed so much ram ? If is a codec's fault, i can improve the situation converting the video to another codec ? There is something that i can do o i should use 480p files and stick with them ? For now i can't add more memory to my pc, in the future i will, of course, but i don't know when. Please if it's possible to do something to improve the situation i would very glad to know it! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, transcode your footage into a production format before rotoscope. Second, limit the number of frames you are trying to use. If you have to you may need to split up the clip. Last of all, if you have not gone through the tutorials on Rotobrush available in the Community resources then do so now. Rotobrush takes some training to learn how to properly use. It is not at all automatic. To find training just type Rotobrush in the search help field at the top right corner of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm following a tutorial but it's in italian on youtube, and it's not bad, i know, rotoscope it's not automatic, i must clean all frame one by one for any errors but anyway i will check these other tutorials, thanks!. I don't understand exactly what you mean for production format, there is a specific codec  better suited to convert videos for a better use in after effects ? Could you be more specific ? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like quicktime movies in JPEG2000, PNG, Photo JPEG or Animation codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i must convert my video in one of these codec,right ? But i don't understand one thing, png and photo jpeg are usable for videos too ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type rendering in the search help field at the top right corner of After Effects and do a little studying. If you don't gain a basic understanding of production and delivery formats and understand standard frame rates, frame sizes and video formats you will forever be lost in a sea of endless possibilities. Unfortunately, most inexperienced user choices for setting their own video rendering result in poor quality files and even files that do not playback as expected.

There is way too much information to go through on a forum post so take an hour or so and read up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke76Bg,

Sorry to hear of your issues. I couldn't see screen shots of your subject or the UI, though. Could you repost those if you have a moment?

Rick gave you some advice, so have you taken the time to read up on rotoscoping or do you need more resources? Please let us know how you solved your problem if you did, or if you need more help if you did not solve it.

Thanks again!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevin, tomorrow i will recreate the screenshots and i will reupload them, sadly are not more on the host. Yes i need to understand betters certain things, because something it's still not totally clear to me. Thanks for your kindness, tomorrow i will write another post . Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just drag your images to the reply field of this forum or use Print Screen and paste screenshots to the forum. No need for outside hosting, cropping or scaling of screenshots. The more we can see the better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke76Bg,

Thanks for your kindness, tomorrow i will write another post . Thanks again!

Hope all is well. We didn't hear back from you. Did you solve your rotobrush issue? Please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines