• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported jpeg files

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm relatively new to using InDesign, but I've just had a problem come up that hasn't occurred before.

I generally create fairly basic images and then export them to jpeg for use on Facebook, in PowerPoint presentations etc. In the last week, suddenly when I go to use the jpeg, it won't allow me to select it. This hasn't been a problem before. I've tried reducing the quality in case the files were too big, but nothing is helping.

Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Cheers

Calum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "won't allow me to select it"? Are you unable to place them in PowerPoint and load it to FB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes when I go to load it into a Powerpoint, Word Document or use it in a Facebook post, it is greyed out and unable to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with the quality. Even the worst JPEG should be placeable this way. Are you able to open the JPEG in Photoshop or in a Webbrowser? Are you using the correct suffix?

As Willi is saying: JPEG is not the best out of InDesign. You could also try PNG instead (Id is able to export PNG as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has not the best JPG export opportunities. Therefore I recommend exporting as PDF/X-4, opening that in Photoshop and export the PNG file from there. With text in an image I do not recommend using JPGs as the compression artifacts are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I generally create fairly basic images and then export them to jpeg...

This is really not InDesign's intended use, and surely not its strong suit. When a raster image is your need, you'd be better off using an image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines