Presets not appearing upon import—red screen—wrong border color

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a sports editor and I use AE to add effects and songs to sports plays

I got an idea for an edit and I wanted to do it

For 2 hours straight I attempted to make this edit, but AE had other plans

My first complaint is that I made these super cool magic bullet look presets and when I got my new computer, I gave my old computer away, but before that I emailed all of the presets of mine to myself to be used on this computer, but whenever I use them, it says they are being used on a different device and I get that super annoying red X come across my screen. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it off. And now I can't take them off my other computer, and I can't remake it because the red X still pops up.

Another problem I had was I made the composition size 1280 x 1280 like I usually do so that my video will fit onto instagram without it cropping out 2/3 of the video. But now, when I put in my 1280 x 720 video on top of the border and add the plug in twixtor, it makes the whole screen red and I can't do anything. The only alternative I could think of is using time remap but Idk how to use time remap. It just makes it so frustrating because the phantom nba clips are usually really slow

Another one is I made these super cool borders, but when I rendered it, they were just black borders. The composition color wasn't even black it was white. On AE It showed the actual borders I worked hard on, but you know after the 6 hour render they were black borders

Nothing showed up on AE so when again I waited 6 hours for the render, It turns out that there is a big red x and black borders with terrible audio quality

It just got me frustrated but if anyone has any fixes for these problems please let me know

Moderator notes: please don't use profanity in posts, even if implied. Use descriptive terms in your title. I changed it to reflect the actual issue. This assist others in helping you. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have provide specifics if anyone is going to be able to help you.

Like:

Who did you give your computer away to?

What email server did you use?

And what exactly do you mean when you say your effects were "super cool"?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not being specific lol I was mad

I gave my computer to my uncle and it wasn't a computer it was a laptop, but I texted him and he said he gave it to someone else

I used gmail

And my "super cool" effects were just magic bullet look color corrections

I didn't use the same magic bullet looks serial code it's just all of my presets I can't use

And also the super cool borders, i made a comp that has a white background and is 1280 x 1280

I imported the clip that's standard 1280 x 720 and put the effect i think it's called "drop shadow" and it was like the video had a shadow but when I rendered it was just black

And I figured out the twixtor thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red X is there because the plugin isn't properly registered.  It may need a key code, a username/password combo.... different plugin makers have different ways of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so...

Cool down a bit - most of your issues is not because of Ae but 3rd party plugins and your limited knowledge.
As Dave said - red X, red screen on twixtor is because you've not registered it correctly or there is issue with multiple license registration. For that issue just try to reregister them and if it doesnt helm - contact plugin developers that made and sold you those plugins

As for no shadow and black border. Did you make a white background - like white solid layer, or just made a white background color  for preview window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both and neither of them worked as for #3

and it's not magic bullet looks that has the red X it's just when I do my preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abuse Edits wrote:

... it's not magic bullet looks that has the red X it's just when I do my preset

Your preset probably has an unregistered third-party plugin in it then.  I hope you can track it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its a color correction preset on magic bullet looks but i made them on my old laptop and i don't have my laptop know that's my problem and it says I can't use them because they are on my new laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abuse Edits,

Did you solve these issues? Did you register plug-ins on the new computer? Did presets end up working? Give us a synopsis of what happened so it may assist others with similar issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines