• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link—generic import error

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if anyone could help out very quickly that would be amazing. Earlier today I had a sequence that I converted to an AE project, i was using the paint tool to add effects to the sequence in AE, i had to close AE for a little and when I opened it up, everything was fine in AE but it was unlinked from the sequnce in premiere pro, and any attempt to link it says some thing about an "generic import error" and if i try to do a dynamic link from AE back to PP, it gives me a blank sequence so I'm lost, any advice?

I have the lastest versions of both

Moderator note: I changed the title to reflect your issue. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screw Dynamic Link. Do an export from Premiere Pro.  Use a good codec.  Import into AE.  Use the Replace footage command..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set up scenes in premier pro and do the movement in after effects, would take much longer if I did the whole thing on After effects. not a helpful comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Can you give us the precise version numbers for each product?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the generic error are format of footage already supported by premiere but not able in AE .first is adobe similar version among AE and Premiere
Open both software and import video in premiere then drop on frame range or open in sequence and save project to desktop.

Open after effect drap your premiere project and drop in AE then it take at least 30 sec for Dynamics link connect and click ok to allow your project after I think it work then try again to replace fooatge composition in after effect no generic error will coming back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines