• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Sync not removing online images after removing sync on desktop.

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I seem to have run into an issue that I can't find an answer for.

After stopping a mobile sync on a collection, it removes the collection from Lightroom mobile, but does not remove the images from the "Lightroom Photos" set. I.e. The images remain in lightroom mobile but the collection is no longer there.

When looking at the grid mode on the Desktop, it  shows that the individual images are synced i.e. Bidirectional arrows in top corner of image grids.

How do I remove these images without manually selecting them on the device or web and removing them from there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

You have to remove them from "all images" (ie all images on server"). It's by design.

Adobe has lots of web space, and it doesn't cost you any more if they're using it for pictures you no longer want online. On mobile devices, it's easier to find pictures through collections, so these pictures won't get in your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this is that after following Julieanne's tip in her blog yesterday, when deleting a collection the images are removed from the online store, but just unsyncing a collection does not remove them.

does anyone have any suggestions please 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove photos from the server-side you can either remove the photos from Lr Desktop->Catalog->All Synced Photographs ....or Lr Mobile -> Lightroom Photos. In addition you can also remove them via Lr Web -> All Photos...Hope this helps.

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

Thanks, I understand how to manually remove photos from mobile/web however, for me the issue is that If I enable mobile sync on a collection, it obviously adds the collection and images to web/mobile etc. but when you "unsync" the collection on the desktop it removes the collection container (from web/mobile), but does not remove the images that were within the collection.

Deleting the collection, with the correct checkbox selected, removes the collection container and the images, but "unsyncing" the collection does not and one does not want to always have to delete the collection to remove the images from the online sync as collections are important and with thousands of images, trying to remove individual photos from the "all images" folders via the web in extremely cumbersome.

So my question is, is it by design that the images are left on Lightroom mobile even if you "unsync" the collection? If not, is there a function I need to select or is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to remove them from "all images" (ie all images on server"). It's by design.

Adobe has lots of web space, and it doesn't cost you any more if they're using it for pictures you no longer want online. On mobile devices, it's easier to find pictures through collections, so these pictures won't get in your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On the desktop when I select All synced photographs, I get images that are in a collection and images that are not anymore in a collection.

I want to delete only the images that are not in a collection. To do so, I have to inspect each individual image and see if it is in a collection or not. And then delete the images that are not.

Since in the search bar you cannot search wether an image is in collection or not, it is a cumbersome task to analyse each image.

In the search bar I think you should be able to search on images in a collection or not. And then delete the images that are not.

Or is there a turnaround ?

Thank you and best regards.

Reynold Jaquet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many synced collections do you have? What you might do is multi-select all the synced collections in the Collections panel, then select all photos in those collections. You then go back to All Synced Collections, Edit > Invert Selection - and that gives you those not in any collection.

The filter box at the top of the Collections panel lets you show only synced collections, and you can use Ctrl on Windows or Cmd on Mac to select multiple collections.

Does that help?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way would be to create a smart collection with the criterion Collection Name / Contains / a e i o u (or whole alphabet). Let's call it "Photos in Collections".

Then select all photos in it, go back to All Synced Collections, Edit > Invert Selection - and that gives you those not in any collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick answers.

Your solutions are still cumbersome but they work.

I still propose to add a filter criterion called "Images in collections".

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido, any thoughts on my previous response to your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed this same issue just recently and I swear this isn't how Lightroom used to work. Just as Lightnotions said, it seems reasonable that when you unsync a collection the photos contained within are removed From the mobile server. Having a ton of photos hanging out in LR Mobile is rediculous especially since the software is constantly checking to make sure they're in sync. This behavior was added during a recent update and needs to be taken back out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines