• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animation with pintool not show in parent comp

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a small animation where I use the script PuppetTools to animate a shapelayer.
Inside the  the comp it works well but in the parent comp everything is moving except the shapelayer.?

And its the same if you use a normal shapelayer and ad pins to it and animation.

It shows in the current comp inside it but not when go to parent comp.

Anyone has an idea why itĀ“s like this?

/ Mattias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Puppet Pin works just fine on shape layers.

Make sure you have the comp with puppet pin nested and that you moved all attributes to the new composition (I don't think there is any other choice with Puppet Pin) and make sure the collapse transformations are turned OFF in the main comp. It should work just fine.

If you apply puppet pin to any layer you cannot then animate any transform or distortion property on that layer because Puppet Pin is based on the first frame of the layer. Change the posit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the Puppet Tool only works successfully on bitmapped layers.  Don't use it on shape layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puppet Pin works just fine on shape layers.

Make sure you have the comp with puppet pin nested and that you moved all attributes to the new composition (I don't think there is any other choice with Puppet Pin) and make sure the collapse transformations are turned OFF in the main comp. It should work just fine.

If you apply puppet pin to any layer you cannot then animate any transform or distortion property on that layer because Puppet Pin is based on the first frame of the layer. Change the position or look of that first frame down the timeline and everything will fall apart.

Turning on Collapse transformations is guaranteed to foul things up with puppet pin because it will bypass the effect and you will end up with no movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,
Yes it was the collapse transformation that would be OFF. I have had similar things and thought I tested this now but apparently not.

/ Mattias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines