Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 x64

Nvidia Quadro 580 (latest driver) and LR recognizes this and uses it

LR CC 2015.8

97,594 photos in catalog

LR opens normally although I think it is rather slow. In Library mode, when I click a thumbnail, it brightens the frame, but then I get a spinning blue circle for about 10 seconds. Then I can do my next maneuver, say click on another thumbnail to select several. Same thing happens with the spinning circle. It gets frustrating after awhile since everything takes more than twice as long as it should. There is no problem with the hard disk...plenty of empty disk space. This does not happen with other programs. Although Photoshop itself seems to run slowly as well, but I don't get the spining circle.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nkoss,

We apologies for the inconvenience, you can try turn off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Refer: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying, but that didn't seem to make any difference at all, so I turned the GPU back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

My similar experience- Windows-10x64  CC2015.8 Nvidia card. ('latest' Geforce drivers)

In the Book module I could wait 1 minute for a response to a mouse click!

Closing Lr down took forever, and the Windows system remained very slow. Memory and CPU were all at low values.

I disabled the Nvidia drivers in Device Manager-

Completely uninstalled every Nvidia 'Geforce' program and driver,

Restarted, Windows searched for a driver- now I am back to normal functions again.

I cannot explain why!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit hesitant to disable and uninstall a driver that controls my monitor. Could this lead to  a monitor malfunction and then I wouldn't even be able to see anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience,- when I disabled the Nvidia driver, Windows defaulted back to a driver that is installed with the Windows operating system.

You may see changes in screen resolution for a time but you can update the driver from Device Manager- let Windows search- and my screen looks back to usual, without all the Nvidia GeForce Gaming 'stuff' that was previously installed.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I threw all caution to the wind and tried your solution. It was pretty scary watch my 3 screens blinking back and forth, but eventually it stopped and I was able to have Windows search and install the latest drivers. Now when I run LR and click a thumbnail, there is a slight pause and blue circle spinning, but only for a second. So it seems to be an improvement, but it still isn't normal. It is semi-acceptable, but I wish I knew how to fix it.

Thanks for the suggestion....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there were explanations for this stuff

Have you again tried turning the GPU option 'off' in the  Preferences > Performance Tab?

And are you creating 1:1 previews for the images you are editing? Sometimes the 'wait' for action is that Lightroom has to create a suitable sized preview to display.

You will also get some good info at- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-complete-series-optimizing-lightrooms-speed/

Edit:   Even better, the whole ebook on topic- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/performance/

Thanks to the posts in this thread- Best lightroom performance options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought you hit something with the 1:1 preview suggestion. Normally, I just import with standard previews. So I changed the folder to the 1:1 preview and with GPU on, I still get a brief delay with the spinning blue circle. And it is the same with or without the GPU. I will also check Laura's website and her ebooks...thanks for reminding me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines