• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 7.0 can’t write files to network share.

Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Win 10 x86 pro PL (domain environment)

Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 polish version

I have an issue with Acrobat when I pick from menu “File” / “Create PDF” / “from many files”*. I select PDFs from network share (via mapped drive). And Acrobat, after joining them, displays an error “path doesn’t exist”*. Everything is OK when files comes from local path – and that is not a solution for me.

I am sure that user has access right to that share – she can write, open, delete files on that share, password is not expired, there is no problems with domain.

I need to deal with this issue quickly, so what can I do?

Can I change default path for writing files in Acrobat? Just to have an output folder for everything that Acrobat produces?

*I have polish version on Acrobat so I am not sure if I translated it correctly.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Acrobat 7 is a very old version, and not compatible with Windows 10 (or 8, or 7, maybe not even with Vista...), so such problems are to be expected.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode, but that's about it. It's time to get a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 7 is a very old version, and not compatible with Windows 10 (or 8, or 7, maybe not even with Vista...), so such problems are to be expected.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode, but that's about it. It's time to get a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines