• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 - Images Won't Show in Import

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got onto Lightroom today, I moved a folder of folders into Lightroom and onto a new drive and it works fine. Then I go back to the same area, go up one level and select a different folder with different images and the import dialog won't work from the main screen or from the dropdown menu. Also, nothing is showing up on the import in any photos, even if I click show photos in subfolder.

It just started happening today. I restarted the program, tried a different catalogue, and I even restarted the computer. What is going on? Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Expand the Destination panel. Make sure a valid destination folder is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean the import dialog won't work?

Exactly what happens? Describe in detail.

Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

The folder I'm trying to bring in, the engagement photo has about 300 images in it.

I bring up the dialog, click it, and this happens. Nothing shows up and for a second, in the bottom corner is has a quick buffer but then that disappears.

And this happened actual happened after I moved a folder in that same drive over to the new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the Destination panel. Make sure a valid destination folder is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the folders that you moved already in Lightroom? Had they already been imported? Your description of what is happening doesn't seem to flow very well, and it's difficult to understand what is happening. Can you explain in more detail and possibly provide a screenshot that illustrates the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos aren't already in lightroom. Basically no matter what I plug in, the import dialogue doesn't show that anything is present. It doesn't even say no photos were found it just looks like the above image that is most likely still being moderated.

I just plugged in a usb drive with a ton of photos and nothing is showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As per 'dj' above- Check Destination panel.

Note- You are trying to MOVE the photos from the Work Drive F:  to some other location.

Is this what you intend?

Should you be selecting the "ADD" option at the top of window?  and leave the photos in their current location.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines