Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Appear Smaller & Resizing Issues in Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm in Photoshop hell. Recently, I updated Photoshop to CC 2017 and has created some major complications when it comes to basic editing.

First, images appear smaller in Photoshop than how they appear online or when previewed. The screen capture below is 1000p x 1000p in Photoshop vs how it previews on the left. Additionally, the quality seems to have been compromised as well.  Even when trying to do a basic resize, the actual image size does not seem to change (I assume this has something to do with resampling?) Furthermore, I cannot resize images now without them appearing pixelated (this is with resampling turned on). Even more strange, the pixel option no longer is available when I go to resize.

From what I can see online this maybe have something to do with my retina display on my MacBook Pro.  Of course this confuses me because it was not an issue before the update.

Anyone have any insight into these problems? They are driving me a tad bit insane as I am trying to do the simplest of tasks.

Thanks,
Jeremy

N2VEO7Y.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a classic and there's a million posts about this.

Photoshop at 100% maps one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel. This is how a critical raster image editor has to do it. On a retina display these screen pixels are small because there's a lot of them.

Consumer-oriented photo viewers, web browsers and so on, don't have these requirements for accurate display, and so they scale the image up, so that it has roughly the same physical on-screen size that people are used to from traditional displays.

Given the small pixel size, Photoshop is right and the others wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See D Fosse's reply... Also worth noting that I have seen a lot of posts about mac's causing additional blurry issues etc by also having an older OS version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. Do you have any topic suggestions for a solution to this problem?

I'm not a pro at cc 2017, but would like to know how to make basic edits to images in terms of resizing and making images for web browsers/various image viewing programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

View at 200% in Photoshop.

It will get automatically scaled to 200% in your browser/viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines