• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

best way to make a muse-site for mobile, tab and desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i want to make a clear website and when possible with a little new design...

I'd like the scroll effects, but when i make it for more screen sizes, i have to use breakpoints..which are not allowing scroll effects..

so just building a "simple"site without nice effects.

sometimes, i think back at the old muse with phone/tablet and desktop modes..

i think that was easier....now i'm making them with breakpoints and sometimes there are 8 differents, and still not everything works perfect,..

is there a way, to make a site, where there is a combination on a phone and tablet page, and for the desktop with some breakpoints?

Maybe i am wrong, but then the phone version, is scaled for each screen sizes of phone and i can still use scrolleffects? because the site detects the device.

And it is less work, then the 4 or 5 breakpoints pages i make for each phone size..

Sometimes, i'm a little bit jealous of the wordpress themes...were it is just placing text and images...and wordpress takes care of the responsive..

all through i know that it is less creative.

I hope someone has a good workaround, to build websites in muse..

i'd like to have the same building process for different sites..

grt carti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Please take the time and look at these videos: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/muse/tutorials.html

You hardly can expect, that we repeat here all these guidelines.

And: If you liked the way, the older Muse versions worked, go to menu "Page/Add Alternate Layouts" and you have the same behavious as in former times.

BTW: Adding breakpoints according the size of device screens is a very poor idea! Add breakpoints, when the design starts to fall into pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take the time and look at these videos: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/muse/tutorials.html

You hardly can expect, that we repeat here all these guidelines.

And: If you liked the way, the older Muse versions worked, go to menu "Page/Add Alternate Layouts" and you have the same behavious as in former times.

BTW: Adding breakpoints according the size of device screens is a very poor idea! Add breakpoints, when the design starts to fall into pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter Heißenbüttel написал(а):

You are not right. This depends on the approach.

best practice here Muse Jam: Fixed Breakpoint Responsive Design - YouTube .

My example: 1200 fix, 960 fix, 768 fix, 768 fluid with min width 320.

Homepage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot, i'm gonna watch it..

from now i'm thinking about fixed size for mobile and tablet and breakpoint for desktop 800 (x600) 1366(x768) , 1920 (x1080) and bigger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases, enough 1200 pixels as the biggest breakpoint. Should be used as little as possible the number of breakpoints that the site will be fast and not buggy. Look at my example site on the screen of 1920 pixels. You should be obvious that 1200 pixels is enough.

7dca61b0a3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i make a page with a fluid breakpoint and fixed breakpoint at 768??

and is the 1200 point a fixed point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you create 768 fixed width , then create 768 fluid width.

Homepage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it "depends on the approach", as you say Pavel Homeriki​, you may be as right as I am!

There is no necessity to introduce a new breakpoint, if there aren’t elements, with don’t display as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I spoke too orthodox. You are right in that case if you are using a fluid break point, but not right when using the fixed breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Now I understand! In this case, you are right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you using images in this way...

there are 2 ways, i don't know what the best is...

- paste an image

or paste a box and fill it with an image...

.( i thought this is/was the best, because you can set settings to the inner image, like center to the right, left or middle, true size or scale to fit ( i hope you understand what i'm saying, i don't know the exactly english commands...i'm working with a dutch one..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's simple. If the image is filled in the box, it's useless for SEO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines