Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet problem with After Effects

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'd been using a wireless Intuos Pro on windows 7 with After Effects no problem until the latest update. Now running After Effects CC version 14.1.0.57 and "click and holding" causes jumping.

For example when trying to scrub on the timeline - the position on the timeline will massively jump. Or when trying to when scrub numerical values - the numbers will massively jump. This happens when the pen movement even slightly pauses (so pen is still pressed but we temporarily pause the scrub, effectively a click and hold). The scrub jumps back to correct position when the pen starts to move again. The effect is all over the place, jittery jumping numbers and timeline position!

I've noticed that it also seems to be registering that change in state of the pen movement in Photoshop when drawing. If I pause drawing a line (but keeping the pen pressed - effectively a click and hold) the cursor disappears as if it's trying to perform another action, until the pen starts moving again. Although this doesn't effect the usability of Photoshop.

It's something that has only just appeared, so I assume possibly during the recent Adobe update. It's making AE almost unusable with a Wacom!

Currently on the most up to date Wacom driver (and we've tried rolling back to previous Wacom driver). Any help much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had numerous Wacom problems over the last year or so. Your sounds like one of them. They call it the "Sticky Keys issue". I got an email from them saying that the newest drive fixes it 6.3.20.8. Hopefully it does, the last 3 drivers have had major issues. Been on the new driver for a bit, seems ok so far. ALthough in Premiere the parameters in the effects tab are useless with a Wacom.

One thing that may help you, is to delete all Wacom files first, then load the driver. There are a lot of hidden files. There should be an uninstall utility in the Wacom folder. (I'm on Mac), then search for Wacom on your hard drive. Also give them a call, they have been responsive as well.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stuart,

Did Jon's post assist you in working through your issue with your Wacom tablet? Please do let us know if there's anything I can do from my end here in support. Hate to leave ya hangin'!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for chiming in Kevin. Still a problem and having issues with it, today especially. Along with the effects tab being useless on a Wacom, every so often the cursor offsets making it super difficult to edit. It seems like this used to work so much better before, what happened..? Is this a wacom issue? 

Thxs

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there JL Edit,

Sorry to hear of your Wacom woes. That stinks. Have you had a work with Wacom support yet? What do they say. Let me know.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks, for checking back. Been working with them for a several months, changed drivers so many times... They are really slow to respond. Today has been really bad, finally tossed it and went back to a mouse after 20 years of it Wacom. Used to love them, now, something has changed. Sticking, shutting off, on AE and PrePro, sometimes getting an offset in the timeline on PPro. Hassles all the time with it.

Thxs

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JL Edit,

For sure file a bug. That really stinks. Sorry, man.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, at the moment I also have the same problem, please read my most recent post in this thread. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I'm also experiencing the same problem with my wacom. Specifically the combo of an Intuos 3 tablet, windows 10 and AE 13.7.1.6. As a result of this problem I am unfortunately being forced to use a mouse which does not bod well for my shoulder and arm! As far as I recall it used to work correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Burnham Digital,

Bad news on the Wacom tablet. We do fix bugs for Wacom users on a regular basis. I would recommend installing the latest version (while keeping the current one installed) and running a test. Still having trouble? See what Wacom support has to say. Then, return to the thread once you've done those things. I hope it works for you.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem with a laggy Wacom pen in After Effects. When I switch back to a mouse, it works perfectly fine.  Also, this only happens in After Effects.  Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and all other functionality within the OS, the pen works fine.  I've contacted Wacom support, but no response for 3 days.

I'm on Win 10 64bit, Ae version 14.2.0.198, and Wacom driver version 6.3.21-10.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try different drivers. Some folks have found success with the very latest drivers and some found success using very old drivers. So, keep walking back until you find one that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The same thing happened to me, at first I thought it was my wacom but when reading this forum I realize that I was not the only one. Surfing the internet I found a person who had a similar problem, the solution they gave him also worked for this problem that we are presenting.

This is the link Solution on Reddit 

I have not presented the problem for more than 2 hours. I have not updated driver, firmware, nothing, I just followed the steps of "claireeditor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no!!! I was so keen on reading your solution but the link seems off...

I have the same problem - even just bought the latest intuos pro board... it works fine in all apps exept for AE.

Same issue with 2 older vesions of Wacom - used to run fine - off since at least half a year...

Any other link to your resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @voodoopop 
I attach a screenshot of the post Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-27 a la(s) 17.19.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh! Shoot!

It refers to Photoshop or Illustrator?

My problem happens in After Effects - even with no brush is activated...

The Wacom used to be the perfect tool to navigate complex After Effects comps until it turned all buggy - it's really like I lost half the speed as an operator who can now only work with a touch pad.... 

I hoped for a fix by buying a new Wacom but I am back to the same problems....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for all programs, in the Wacom configuration panel you can add customizations for each program. I customized the option only in After Effect and I stopped having problems.

Now, if you couldn't make it, I have read that installing older versions of the wacom driver can fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but in the Wacom settings there are no options as mentioned in the description... no way to set the Size to off from pen pressure... is this meant to be found in the Wacom settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi voodoopop,

Please go through this thread and see if the solution or workaround helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/wacom-intuos-failure-in-after-effects/td-p/11416413/pag...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Thank you!

I installed the latest driver... fingers are crossed.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I have been trying to solve this for years and it FINALLY works!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few drivers gave me no issue nbut today's update brought back the bug. The solution above me with setting your first button to pan/scroll (legacy) works however, so there's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or maybe it doesn't. Bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines