Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 14 not saving changes to projects

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had, or know a fix to this very strange issue?

We have got Premiere Elements 14 deployed onto our Media Suite classroom computers.  They are all windows 10, i7CPU, 16GB RAM ssd, but recently our students have found that if they make changes to a project in Premiere Elements then the changes are not saved, even though it says it has saved.  The file does not get a modified at timestamp update either.

As it seems that even though we paid a fortune for this software, we dont get support from Adobe?! which seems nuts, would any of you have any insight into this as I really have no idea and our staff and students are getting understandably stressed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as though these computers are networked rather than standalone workstations.

Are they saving the video data to their hard drives or to a network drive? The program may not be able to save to a network drive without modification.

If they are saving to their internal SSDs, how large are these SSDs and do they allow at least 50-80 gigs of free space for the program to operate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply :

Yes these machines are on a domain and the users areas are on a mapped network drive.

We have just tried logging on as a domain admin user and they are able to save by browsing the users area via the full UNC. We tried makeing the affected user a local admin of the pc but that didnt work.

They have 120 GB SSDs but are pretty much empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, I don't think the program works on a network without some modification. But I don't work for Adobe and I don't know what that modification is.

Meantime, I assume you have no trouble saving your media and project files to the computers' C drives -- although, with only 120 gigs of space, that's not really feasible for serious video editing.

So I just don't know what to recommend. Hopefully another user on this forum will have more knowledge on how to make the program work in your non-standard configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines