• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iTunes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If iTunes songs cannot be imported into my Photoshop Elements Premier because they are copyrighted, why can I import them using Pinnacle?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the space is provided by Adobe, this is primarily a Premier Elements user forum.  I'm sorry, but nobody will have any idea how to answer your question.   It may be that Apple hired a lawyer to go after Adobe and Pinnacle was too small of a target.  It may be that Pinnacle is better software for people that want to violate iTunes copyrights! 

Good luck with your project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bill. It's kind of a rhetoric question.

But Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro are not alone in their inability to use iTunes copyrighted music. A number of programs will also throw up an error code when you try to load many (not all) iTunes-downloaded songs into a project.

The real question isn't why Adobe's products can't, but why Pinnacle's product CAN use iTunes copyrighted music.

It could be that the particular song you used in your Pinnacle project had relaxed copy protection.

In any event, it's definitely NOT a bug in Premiere Elements programming. As we've discussed on this forum, music from Amazon and other sources load just fine. (Although, as I've discussed in my book and on my site, you'll get the best and most consistent results by using WAV files rather than m4a or even mp3s.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines