Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images change size in Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me? I use creative cloud in PhotoshopCC(2017) to get easy access to my fabric print repeats, but they seem to change size from when I 'load' them into my library to when I move them onto another Artboard in a new document. I've checked that the profiles/resolution etc are the same on each file but they still seem to change size (usually smaller). I also find it really hard to do accurate measurements as photoshop only seems to let you measure in pixels and because my prints go onto fabric this makes life very tricky, does anybody have a way of accurately measuring in millimetres in photoshop?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Please go to Edit > Preferences > General and uncheck: Resize Image During Place to solve problem with smaller images being placed.

resize during place.png

To measure in Millimeters do the following: display Rulers from View > Rulers. Right click on Ruler and choose: Millimeters. If you are using Ruler tool to measure then display Window > Info panel and there will be result of Ruler tool displayed in units that are chosen for the Ruler (Millimeters in your case).

change measurement unit in ps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Edit > Preferences > General and uncheck: Resize Image During Place to solve problem with smaller images being placed.

resize during place.png

To measure in Millimeters do the following: display Rulers from View > Rulers. Right click on Ruler and choose: Millimeters. If you are using Ruler tool to measure then display Window > Info panel and there will be result of Ruler tool displayed in units that are chosen for the Ruler (Millimeters in your case).

change measurement unit in ps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this has been driving me crazy, so I really appreciate your quick and correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines