Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect's not opening up

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

There was a message that appeared relating to the fact that I don't have the proper... something... in order to run After Effects.

Is there a particular program I need in order to get After Effects to function on my computer (Mac OS Sierra 10.12), or perhaps it's something else.

Anyone able to help me with this question?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

Did the error have something to do with your graphics card? I have had this pop-up for the graphics card but after effects worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gior,

Please post a screenshot of the error message FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya.

Unfortunately I chose to "Never Show Message Again" on accident. I suppose that to be a second question attached to the first; Question being "How do I change my AE settings to show error messages?".

Anyways, I did however take a screen shot of the AE screen, minus error message.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.35.59 PM.png

In essence, I am unable to open any of the Top Screen Dropdown Menus, as well being barred from starting any new projects.

PS: The error message read something about a program I needed in order to run After Effects, if that is any guiding indication towards solving the issue.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

Did the error have something to do with your graphics card? I have had this pop-up for the graphics card but after effects worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nick.

Good on you. All I needed to do was uninstall, and then reinstall AE.

Thanks!

PS: Curious what that "pop-up" message could have been related to...

Perhaps a software update? Anyone have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gior88347134 wrote:

PS: Curious what that "pop-up" message could have been related to...

Perhaps a software update? Anyone have an idea?

From your brief description, it sounds like the standard message about not having the right GPU to accelerate the ray-traced renderer. It's nothing to worry about because the ray-traced renderer is considered obsolete. So, if that's what it is, you can probably just tick the "never show again" option.

If you see it again, please let us know the full text of what it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines