• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 17 [Windows encountered a problem running CC and needs to close]

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I recently updated from 15.5 to 17, now as soon as the program finishes loading and the work space comes up, I get a window stating that the program had a problem and that windows is trying to find a solution... Then the window changes and says the the program encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times. I have been through all my drivers to make sure their up to date. My CS6 works fine on the same machine. Any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

You don't say what operating system you are using. If Windows 10 can you check the windows reliability monitor at the time of the problem and you should see a red cross. Click on it and then on the Photoshop entry. This will give you details of the crash.

If it mentions Lavasoft - then uninstall Web-Companion/Adaware and you should be OK. There is a known issue with that program and Photoshop.

If anything else - post the report here and we will see if we can help further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you are using. If Windows 10 can you check the windows reliability monitor at the time of the problem and you should see a red cross. Click on it and then on the Photoshop entry. This will give you details of the crash.

If it mentions Lavasoft - then uninstall Web-Companion/Adaware and you should be OK. There is a known issue with that program and Photoshop.

If anything else - post the report here and we will see if we can help further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Nailed it Dave!!!! Saved the day. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perryg92808339 wrote:

Hello all, I recently updated from 15.5 to 17,

Version 17 is CC 2015.5 released in mid-2016.

Have you tried installing the current version CC 2017 (version 18) released in December?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines