• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"ADE could not connect to the server. Make sure you're connected to internet" ???

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have a PC and downloaded ADE to be able to transfer on my e-reader.

I'm getting this message:

"ADE could not connect to the server. Make sure you're connected to internet", when I want to open a downloaded book from a public Library.

I am connected, I've just downloaded a book from a Library  !!!

I succeeded to open the book on the same ADE ID on my IPhone. Someone told me this could be the problem : the same ID on 2 different machines. But we're supposed to be able to read the same book on any device and restart where we left the last time, whatever device we used !

Someone can explain to me ?

It was working before...Was there an update which scrapped everything ? I've got the latest version of ADE...

I bought an a-reader to use it but I need to download books on my PC to be able to use my e-reader !!!

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE !!

P.S.: My first language is french, so be indulgent !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message ADE could not connect to the server. Make sure you're connected to internet is a problem with your security software. Have You check if this Software (virenprogram, or firewall) anthing blocked of Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've checked and it seems to me that this program is allowed to connect. Îve checked the firewall and the Norton security  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used no more securyty programms? Web Compian, Littel Snich or other programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Can you tell me where to check if there is another security program that could give me all those troubles ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can only check the installed program on your system if one of this a program which block the connection to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I recognize those security programs to make sure they are not blocking ADE ?

I don't really know where to look on my PC  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines