• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you ran latest firmware on 960 Evo 1Tb M.2?

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Samsung magician gave me a firmware update notification on my system today. It will be the latest one. Is it safe to install? Everything works fine now so don't want to mess things up. Any benefits to that update? Also I can't find any release notes.

Thank you,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is there a way to maximize performance by increasing its cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 960 EVO holds its own by boasting up to 400 TBW for the 1TB capacity model and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty. Dynamic Thermal Guard prevents overheating, protecting your data and ensuring optimal performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that answer related to my initial question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, Samsung made 2TB model of Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD, although I have to buy AIC adapter to install additional SSD. That way, I can fill the rest of my favorite game titles in SSD to load games faster, feel responsive, smooth, and have consistent framerate. And of course, I can install patches very fast, compared to traditional AHCI/SATA SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines