• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(PrE 10) Trouble uploading to YouTube. "Categories" in the Upload window does not display dropdown list....and "Cannot connect to YouTube" error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(PrE 10) Trouble uploading to YouTube. 

Stuck at "Categories" in the YouTube Upload window. 

Does not display dropdown list....and "Cannot connect to YouTube" error

I suspect the CAUSE of absence of the dropdown list is at the root of my problem.

I have successfully uploaded many videos, and occasionally still do. 

Sometimes the dropdown list displays after I restart the computer, but not always, and may be irrelevant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10 is a pretty old version of the program. And YouTube is continually changing the way programs interface with its site.

Newer versions of Premiere Elements have features for manually or automatically updating to the latest interface. Version 10 may not and the interface may well be obsolete.

The best move may be to use Share/Device/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to output an MP4 and then manually upload the MP4 through your browser at the YouTube site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps those are my only options.  I want a good reason to get the newer program, but with the little I do, I couldn't justify the money.  I suppose, if it will fix this issue, it may be justified, at least allowing for the return of basic functionality.

I know all the file types I have available are antiquated.

I had tried this one, with the MP4 1920x1080 30fps, but YouTube rejected it.

I tried the F4V, and that seemed to be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 H264 1920x1080p 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the one that saved as some kind of .M2T file, I think.  But, then YouTube said it would not accept it.  I may be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is how it worked out.  I know the .f4v file went through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still vote for the AVCHD output as MP4 H264 1080p. Which WILL create an MP4, the perfect file for uploading to YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines