• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing image quality when I save frame as file

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in after effects to preserve jpeg image quality when you save frames as files? I want to use after effects to apply the keylight effect to some pictures but when I render them as photoshop files they lose quality. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017
but when I render them as photoshop files they lose quality.

unfortunately the default of saving a frame is to use "current settings" and not "best settings". this means that if you resolution pop up is set to other than "Full", you will get reduced quality.

so make sure it's set to "best settings" and do as I do, change the frame default to "best settings" so it wont bite you next time. you can access the settings in edit->templates->render settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Photoshop file will be the size of your composition and if you render, the size of the render settings. Make sure the settings are correct. I don't know what you are expecting but video, and therefore an AE comp is awfully small compared to a modern DSLR or even a new smart phone photo. Some more details would help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
but when I render them as photoshop files they lose quality.

unfortunately the default of saving a frame is to use "current settings" and not "best settings". this means that if you resolution pop up is set to other than "Full", you will get reduced quality.

so make sure it's set to "best settings" and do as I do, change the frame default to "best settings" so it wont bite you next time. you can access the settings in edit->templates->render settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines