Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a VR rig in Cinema 4D lite, Green Output Issue

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to create 360 VR video using Cinema 4D lite, Mettle Skybox and Cineware and have hit some issues with the render output form Cinema 4D lite. I created a rig in Cinema 4D lite that replicates that of Mettle Skybox, 6 cameras that are at 90 degrees to each other with 90 degree FOV, creating a front, right, back, left, top and bottom camera angle.

Camera Rig

camerarig.jpg

These cameras a then wrapped into equirectangular video using Mettle Skybox in After Effects and Cineware to bring in the different camera angles, and this works great! However two of the camera views (top and back) render with a green tint.

Output from AE

outcome.jpg

The green tint seems to come from Cinema 4D lite and I think is related to the cameras being placed at the same co-ordinates but rotated 180 degrees to each other

Render in C4D lite

view1.jpg

If the camera is moved from 180 degree rotation it renders fine, but obviously the final wrapped 360 video will be incorrect.

Render in C4D lite

view2.jpgI have tried removing cameras and unparenting them to see if this was causing the issue but it seems to be the same. It seems to be related to the 180 orientation. I think this could be a really useful workflow for other people if this problem could be resolved.

Any ideas anyone?

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aaron,

Very cool. Did you ever find a solution for this rather weird issue? It would be great to hear back from you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines