• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'publish online' of Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a document to use online with the 'publish online' function of Indesign.

I made a check and made it possible to download.

However, if you press the ' Download pdf ' button, the error message will not open and download.

please I want to know how to solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Download PDF" button in your Publish Online document actually opens the PDF file in a new tab in your browser, it doesn't show any dialog box for a quick download. You can print/save the PDF only in the PDF opened in the new tab in your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached an image that helps me understand the error that occurred.

If you press the ' Download pdf ' button, the ' Not Found ' message pops up in the new window.  스크린샷 2017-01-31 오전 10.49.55.png

스크린샷 2017-01-31 오전 10.50.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing your Publish Online URL of your document ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I am deeply grateful to you for helping me.

I share an URL as an example for you.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3c55cebb-3f8f-4fa4-b786-4b46602fb938

Thank you once again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, just different error:

"Bad Request"

Anyone idea's jet on solving it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did solve part of the problem. When you export an IndeSign document as an interactive pdf there's a tick box for publishing online in the same action. After the document is exporting and saved local, the Publish Online tool pops up (sometimes it isn't visible with me and I have to force end InDesign, jell at it it and try again, but that's a different problem) and the document is published online. (The form in my document is not interactive anymore but that's also a differente challenge.) NOW my pdf IS downloadable. I hoped the interactive form would be usable after downloaded but unfortunately it also isn't anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only download Print PDF files, not interactive PDF files using the Publish Online option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

but that would not explain the problem with the link.

It seems that the link for the PDF is set by using Publish Online but the exported PDF is not available through the Publish Online Viewer in the browser. Maybe the PDF is not written fully through the upload process.

I can only guess what Publish Online is doing in the background when a PDF should be made available. Perhaps it is exported to a temp folder on the user's system. And is never written fully and the truncated PDF is uploaded to Adobe's server system? Or because it's never written fully to the temp folder it would not be uploaded to Adobe's server system?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines