• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a Photoshop CC NEW document (feature missing)

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature of allowing a NEW document to observe the property dimensions of the clipboard item, seems to have disappeared in CC?

Or, I can't find it.

Photoshop used to allow you to open a document, with the dimensions of the (image), that was stored in your Windows clipboard...

Can anyone tell me how to get this feature back again?

Many thanks!

Gil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Yes that is a new bug in the 23.4.1 update.

A workaround if you use the Clipboard quite often is to go Edit>Preferences>General and check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the File>New dialog, Clipboard should be listed at the top of Recent Items.

cb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it is not..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.1 20161130.r.29 2016/11/30:23:00:00 CL 1099099  x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use photoshop's own clipboard?

That is; open a document, Select All, Edit>Copy and then go to File>New, is Clipboard listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked... Odd that it doesn't want to pick-up the Window's clipboard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I can see the clipboard icon at the correct size, and some other size options, but the clipboard size info doesn't transfer to the 'preset details' panel and nothing I do makes a new file open at that size. I've tried all obvious clicks and double clicks. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a new bug. I've been having the same problem, but just for like the last week or so. It's incredibly annoying. And it doesn't seem to be that photoshop doesn't know the size... it actually puts the correct dimensions on the File>New icon in recent items, but the file it ACTUALLY creates is the same size as whatever I did last, BEFORE this one. If I click to one of the other sizes offered (EXCEPT the one directly to the right, the last file I created) and then click BACK to the new clipboard file, the numbers magically change. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to add screenshots to help explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is a new bug in the 23.4.1 update.

A workaround if you use the Clipboard quite often is to go Edit>Preferences>General and check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome sauce, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround!

I'm chiming in mostly to put some more buzz on the issue; hoping to encourage Adobe to debug it sooner rather than later. I actually use that new-doc-from-clipboard a lot just to check the size of an image quickly -- so I miss it!

Anything's easy if you know how to do it.
If you don't know how to do it, it's hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop is 23.4.2 release. If you click on any other tab and come back again on Recent and click again on the Clipboard it works. Simply, Photoshop is unable to refresh the right hand side size values with the new clipboard sizes. I guess it's matter of time for Adobe to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for this! that fixed it. been driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines