• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2017 keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Sierra 10.12.1 on MacBook Pro and latest 27" iMac (few months old) and continuously crashes.

Anybody else experience this?

Driving me nuts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try trashing preferences files and restarting?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yip, and still does it...at random times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of few crashes in InDesign CC2017, Can you please try the following

1. Please try the steps mentioned at this troubleshooting page https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-hyperlinks-panel-quick-apply.html

2. Navigate to Preference->Advance Type -> Type Contextual Controls and disable the first preference “show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals and Ligatures” or both the preferences.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.  I can't scroll from one page to another without ID crashing. Followed all your steps above, running latest InDesign build on latest Mac Sierra, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015.  Desperate for help, I am on a deadline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Is it document specific or reproducible with every document?

Please package the entire document upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send the document link to santalwa@adode.com.

To package the document, Go to File -> Package

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has been resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with crashes, I'll have multiple INDD files open (3-4 usually) from my desktop and it just crashes. Files aren't huge and the machine has handled them with no trouble up tim now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you on, Joshua? What OS?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017, on an iMac running 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Send the document to santalwa@adobe.com.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a big problem. I have just installed InDesign CC 2017 (Windows 10), but the application crashes every time when starting. I have tried tips from several forums, and reinstalled the software several times by using Adobe CC cleaner tool, but the application still denies service.

Regards

Reinhard Ludwig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the step to clear preference and cache

• InDesign Preference:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>

• InDesign Cache:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have the same Problem with Indesign 2017CC in trailmode. Program crashes on startup. Tested on my Pc Win 8.1Pro and Notebook Win10Pro.

I have also delete the cache and preferences. Same behavior all the time. Unable to start Indesign!

Regards Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide the information for faulty module for InDesign CC2017. To find the faulty module please follow the steps below:

• Administrative tools->Event Viewer
  • Eventviewer->Windowslog->Application->Error(Faulty application name- InDesign.exe)

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

here is the notification from Event-Viewer:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: InDesign.exe, Version: 12.0.0.81, Zeitstempel: 0x57f545c7

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: PlugPlugOwl.dll, Version: 7.0.0.59, Zeitstempel: 0x57bbb27e

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000cff32

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3630

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d278b26ab62617

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2017\InDesign.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2017\PlugPlugOwl.dll

Berichtskennung: 3e6cf434-76e5-4753-b785-2788e7ef2db8

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Regards

Reinhard Ludwig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sanyam,

I followed the steps you told me - without result. InDesign keeps on crashing at launch. Meanwhile I encountered another problem: After installing photoshop CC the application launched, but I can't open files nor can I create a new picture....

Now it is the second day I spend trying to use creative cloud applications...

Regards

Reinhard Ludwig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but I can confirm it's not the files as it happens with a variety of different files. The issue occurs when opening multiple documents at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does the crash happen if you open the documents one by one? Can you please share some set of files to santalwa@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hesitant to share without a signed NDA as they are campaigns in progress with sensitive info on them. It does not happen when I open them one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please work with one document at a time to avoid crash. Can you replace the sensitive content with place holder text and send me the documents at santalwa@adobe.com.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me (unchecking the fractions box in adv type prefs) - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I unchecked all...now its crashing every time I double click to highlight a word. Was crashing from highlights in general before. I have even made all the text plain text and started over by pasting in...also crashes with any text box threading (just the primary text frame, no others). I've chopped it up into chapters of less than 10 pages. Still crashing. I have turned off pre-flight. Still crashing. I have turned off all features I know of that take memory. Now I get a beachball then crash. I have the MacBook Pro 15 from 2017 with every extra upgrade Apple offers and an almost empty hard drive. Help. ID has wasted HOURS of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the suggested plugin fix is for the Mac. I'm on Windows. I searched for a similar fix for Windows and did not find one.

What occasioned my non-stop immediate crashing is InDesign said I did not have a font installed when I did. I hit the Find Fonts box and it froze up.  Continued crashing immediately upon opening ensued. I've deleted the preferences, looked for the Cache folder as instructed & failed to find it, deleted the locked files, still immediate crashing.

This. Sucks.

When 2017 does work, it's a monster-slow memory hog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please share the video recording of the issue at santalwa@adobe.com.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines