• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use color palette in another project?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a few custom colors for a project in RoboHelp 10.  Is it possible to save, or export, the color palette, so that I can use the same colors in another project?  Or do I have to create the colors again? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the rhcolor.apj file to new project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, Peter Grainge. Having just added several colours from our new corporate palette to a current (RH 2015) project, I foolishly expected there to be a way to import them into other projects. No such luck.

I discovered from version control (SVN) that the file must be rhcolor.apj, but didn't know whether I could safely copy it into other projects. Now I do. Thanks for saving me some stressful experimentation. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the beauty of putting stuff on a forum. Over four years later and the information has helped again.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again - Thanks Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds easy enough. Even appears to work because when I open the rhcolor.apj file in notepad I can clearly see my color names and hex codes. However in RH 2017, only the default color palette appears when I try to change colors.See screen captures below. Is the color palette supposed to be "installed" or "Imported" somehow?

rhcolor-notepad.png

color selector.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing and allowing RoboHelp to rebuild the CPD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rick's suggestion doesn't fix the issue, is the screenshot in Notepad from the same project as in the second screenshot?

There is no import or installation, the file just has to be in the right place. Look in a new project or a sample project to check its location.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter. As a follow-up and to confirm, the screen shot of the color palette is from the same project. I actually read your helpful site when copying the file to the correct location in the new project so I knew it was in the right place. I was not aware of the option to rebuild the cache - I'm glad I asked on this forum because I learned something new!

sdj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, rebuilding the cache when opening the project worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp