• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images saved in PS CS6 not appearing in lightroom library view

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in lightroom 4, and then click on "edit an image in PS CS6", edit and "save" the tiff image in PS CS6, the newly saved tiff used to appear automatically in the original library folder view in lightroom. However, that stopped happening. I now notice that after I save an image in PS, and then go into lightroom, I see a duplicate of the original lightroom library folder at the top of the folder list - and my newly saved tiff file is there to see in that duplicate folder, but still will not appear in the original version of that folder.

How can I make sure that newly saved tiff files from PS, appear in the original library folder in lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Probably this problem:

Lightroom 4.3 Duplicate folders being created on import

The solution is in reply #4 in that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen capture or two that illustrates the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Here's an explanation of the problem using screen captures.

First I click on an image from the library folder in Lightroom 4 called "100_0213" (see list of folders on left of first capture). I click on an image (e.g., image called "untitled shoot-7608.dng") then click on "Photo - Edit in PS" in the Lightroom menu so I can edit the selected image in PS. I edit the image in PS, the click on "File - Save" in PS (see second capture). The saved photo, titled "untitled shoot-7608-edit.tif" then appears in a duplicate of folder "100_0213" at the very top of the library folders in Lightroom (see third capture). The saved edited photo never appears in the original "100_0213" folder; it only appears in the duplicate "100_0213" folder. Im trying to figure out how to save edited photos into the original folder.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably this problem:

Lightroom 4.3 Duplicate folders being created on import

The solution is in reply #4 in that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I dont see that as the same problem. I am not changing any capitalization in any library folder names, and not importing any images into a newly named folder (not even specifying any folder names). Also, the folder I am working from is all numbers, not letters or capitals. If Im incorrect, can you clarify how the proposed solution applies to my situation?

For some reason, it seems PS is trying to save an edited tif file back to the original folder in Lightroom, but either PS cannot find the original lightroom folder, or lightroom is not allowing that original folder to be access, so it creates a new duplicate folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the Windows User Name? See this post: Edit in PS from LR creating a 'new' folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrism14052760 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I dont see that as the same problem. I am not changing any capitalization in any library folder names, and not importing any images into a newly named folder (not even specifying any folder names). Also, the folder I am working from is all numbers, not letters or capitals. If Im incorrect, can you clarify how the proposed solution applies to my situation?

But the solution is the same, regardless of the cause. Follow the instructions in reply #4 of that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines