Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textalignment in responsive Site jumps around

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

although I have a paragraph style set to text in landing page:  Dropbox - kindgenau_2017.muse

it jumps around between different breakpoints. I tried also to set it between different breakpoints but of course it changes all

line breaking for all breakpoints, so setting it in the 960 BP changes also at 1340 and 1900 (maybe).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-31 um 00.11.37.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-31 um 00.12.08.png

Another issue: I think I attached the text layer very correct exactly towards the left / red column, uploaded it is just one pixel inside the red column.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-31 um 00.11.31.png

Because I was not able (without two hours of additional copy and paste - no set to original place did not help at all), I attached the whole muse-file.

Help is needed only for the landing page. It stops at 960 px (the other layouts will follow later).

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

1. The text does exactly, what you told him to do: To much "Returns", adventurously defined margins and indent. All together a fine mixture of chaos!

Screen.jpg

2. The slight misalignment of the boxes: These probably are (unavoidable) mathematical rounding errors. But it is your decision to stick perseveringly to this layout with 2 unequal layout columns. But I told you already …

In this case you easily can fix this issue by putting the vertical right menu strip on top of all other elements.

3. The 3 coloure

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The text does exactly, what you told him to do: To much "Returns", adventurously defined margins and indent. All together a fine mixture of chaos!

Screen.jpg

2. The slight misalignment of the boxes: These probably are (unavoidable) mathematical rounding errors. But it is your decision to stick perseveringly to this layout with 2 unequal layout columns. But I told you already …

In this case you easily can fix this issue by putting the vertical right menu strip on top of all other elements.

3. The 3 coloured text boxes will give you much joy when it comes to responsive. Just look in my sample file, what they do, when you minimise your browser window.

4. In the example site https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7046655/kindgenau_2017_Mod.muse  I show you a better working alternative. Just try to figure out, how it is done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wanted to give it a try with these two unequal columns. I understand now so much more.

Thanks for the text alignment issue-solution. To be honest, I didn`t really know what the first line indent does or did

but I understand, to better avoid this.

The three colored text boxes: yes, when it comes to small screens it gets weird, frankly speaking.

That`s the reason I want to change from 960 px to another layout.

Also I really like the proposal of using a complete colored box as background for text. This makes it more safe.

Great

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fotoroeder schrieb:

Thanks for the text alignment issue-solution. To be honest, I didn`t really know what the first line indent does or did

but I understand, to better avoid this.

No, it is not better to avoid, it is better to understand!

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines