• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 and Epson Scanner-Creates Extra File?

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac 27" Retina running Sierra with CS6.  I just got a new Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner.  All seems to be going well so far, except for one irritating occurrence.  When I use CS6 to import from the scanner, that works, I get an open image in PS.  However, a separate image and created and saved as a PDF in my Documents folder.  Since I am importing into CS6 to create my image file, I don't want the extra file created.

I have found nothing in Epson software to adjust this.  I called Epson Tech Support and they said it was Photoshop creating the file and they don't support 3rd party software.  My gut feeling is that this is an Epson issue, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

I have decided there is no way not to create an extra file when scanning through photoshop.  This is just the way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import Images from Device screen there is a section devoted to where the image should be scanned to.  There is apparently no option not to scan the file to a folder.  I wish there was, I'd rather not be creating double files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further googling leads me to believe that a Photoshop scan will always create an extra file.  I can see no way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided there is no way not to create an extra file when scanning through photoshop.  This is just the way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why a second file is created, Photoshop will not create files unless you tell it to.

But I have a suggestion for an alternative workflow - use the standalone Epson Scan to scan outside Photoshop, then open the saved files in Photoshop.

This method will also enable you to work in Photoshop while scanning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally decided it is apple's doing that an extra file is created.  When I scan is started via PS, ImageCapture.app is invoked and I believe it is an apple app.  It has a section where you can select where the file is to be saved but no option not to save it somewhere.  Wikipedia does list the app as an Apple program.  So in Windows, perhaps this second file doesn't happen at all.

Your suggestion to use EpsonScan is a good one, and I will certainly do that when I scan a whole bunch of 4x6 photoes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines