Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 timeline, issue with opening video file

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am trying to load a video in to photoshop to edit it. ~I clicked on window>timeline however in my timeline i do not have a "filmstrip icon" and can not load my video to edit it. Some sites mentioned going in to window>workspace>motion but i do not have this option either.

I have reset photoshop tools and factory reset photoshop in general. I have tried dragging the avi. file straight into the work window and tried multiple file>new settings but still can not import the whole video for me to edit.

Any help on this would be really great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Video editing is only available in PS CS6 Professional, not Standard. That distinction existed back then and your description clearly indicates that you are using the Standard version. If that is not the case, you have to provide more info, beginning with proper system info and then some...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video editing is only available in PS CS6 Professional, not Standard. That distinction existed back then and your description clearly indicates that you are using the Standard version. If that is not the case, you have to provide more info, beginning with proper system info and then some...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for your answer, the photoshop i am using is from my master suite. CS6 version 13.0 x64

I wish i would be able to get the CS6 extended program however, it is no longer for sale on adobe.

Thank you for your help i will do some research on what other programs can help me achieve my desired outcome.

Do you know any program which can make my video background (ie white space) transparent so i can lay text behind it?

Kind regards

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

I try to follow the Beginners Tutorial for CS6 but the video doesn't load up. Now you mentioned that the video is only available in PS CS6 Professional? How can I get that? This is the link: The Photoshop workspace

Kind regards,

Bob van der Vliet

Abbotsford, BC Canada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines